FIX THE UNEMPLOYMENT SYSTEM!
Unemployed workers in Pennsylvania are angry and frustrated. We know that the state UC and PUA systems are broken. We know that hundreds of thousands of people are still waiting for benefits.
Governor Wolf must publicly recognize that the unemployment system is in crisis and act immediately.
PAY benefits now!
Many of these unemployed workers have been waiting for months. And the UC/PUA system doesn’t plan to make these rulings for many more months. Waiting for benefits destroys families, leads to evictions, foreclosures, utility shut offs and hungry kids.
We are organizing unemployed workers and allies across the state to demand that Governor Wolf order the Department of Labor & Industry to Pay Benefits NOW to those who are waiting.
Join us. Our elected officials need to hear your voice. And they need to know that we are organized.
Unemployment Compensation (UC) Claims Assistance
If you need help with your claim, you can contact us by filling out this short form. One of our staff will follow up with you.
You can also call our office at 412-462-9962 and leave a message with your name and phone number.
Who We ARE
- Organized homeowners facing foreclosure into a campaign that won legislation protecting unemployed, sick and injured workers’ homes.
- Won several extensions of federal unemployment benefits and changed state and federal retraining policies, winning tens of millions of dollars in cash and retraining benefits for workers who lost their jobs due to imports
- Won passage of a state law eliminating 180,000 welfare liens worth $680 million. We ended this policy by involving thousands of homeowners with welfare liens in our Campaign to Remove the Welfare Lien
- Won rollbacks of drastic increases in co-payments for 90,000 Pennsylvania families with children in subsidized childcare.
2000 – Today
Worked successfully in coalition with unions, community organizations and faith groups to raise Pennsylvania’s minimum wage and to pass federal extensions of unemployment benefits during the 2008 financial crisis.
Barney Oursler, Director
Mia Giunta, Benefits Advocate
Donna Swangler, Benefits Advocate
Helen Gerhardt, Benefits Advocate
Glen Stolburg, Organizer
Board of Directors
- John Stember, Chair – Partner at Stember, Cohen and Welling Law Offices
- Arnold Brown, Finance Committee Chair – Retired Foundry Worker and USPS Letter Carrier
- Pat Cronin – Retired Nurse
- Matt Gulish – Union Carpenter
- Betty Kaczka – Retired Retail Worker
- Jean Kennedy – Retired Nurse
- Joe Kubicar – Retired Steelworker
- Antonio Lodico – Principal at ASL Analytics
- Moshe Marvit – Fellow at The Century Foundation
- Matt Richards – Principal at Sequal Consulting
- Jordan Romanus – Staff at ROC United
- Cal Schuchman – Retired Public Transit Driver